09 March 2005

Today's Highlights

It wasn't an exceptionally wonderful day, but there were the few exceptionally wonderful moments. First of all, I skipped my Lit class at 1 pm, meaning I had an extra hour to relax and work on my less than perfect paper due Friday. While this may seem minor, skipping class for me is a big step towards my perfectionist and over-achiever recovery. Secondly, it was a gorgeous, sunny day, though frigid, and the sky was dotted with cartoonish clouds. It was a perfect spring-looking day despite the cold, and that made it bearable. Thirdly, as Elaine and I were walking home from work (one of my favorite times of the day - walking with her) we passed a house on the corner where an adorable teenage Golden Retriever lives. He was tethered in the yard, chewing on a tennis ball, absolutely glowing in the sunlight. Elaine insisted we go pet him, and I tried to refuse, but I couldn't, he looked so much like my childhood dog, Dusty. He was elated to see us, turning around in tight little circles, getting tangled in the chains of his tether and excitedly chewing on that ball. He was so soft, "like Aslan," Elaine said, and I couldn't deny it. He was so well-taken care of and such a happy little guy. I wish I had a picture of him to post here - so everyone could see how precious this dog is. You can see him if you look to the right at the corner of Second and Wright, across from the Rohr house (that could be spelled wrong, and I apologize for that). He'll be out more, I'm sure, as Spring approaches, which makes me even more eager for the warmer weather.

Spring break in 15 days. I see Maddie in 18 days. That is so soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish i were as lucky as you, to get to see maddie. You have it so good!!! Someday I'll come up on that little cloud of yours and visit ya ;)

It was really nice talking with you today, I think it was long overdue. We'll talk later. Miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh.. this was Mike :)

Anonymous said...

Tisk Tisk, Lana.

Anonymous said...

Tisk Tisk, Lana.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't just saying that, Elaine, come on, give me some credit; I meant it. Sorry I didn't see you much today - it was sad, really. I hope your day went well.