And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-- T. S. Eliot, Little Gidding
08 May 2005
Invitation
What: dinner of barbeque ribs, shrimp, and chicken on the grill, with baked beans, fresh veggies, and biscuits, followed by a triple layered ice cream pie
When: Friday, 7:30 pm
Where: Indianapolis
Host: cousin Brian
What to expect: tearful laughing, scrumtrulescent dining, and riotous gaming with my favorite family members and friends
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
There may be nothing finer of life than to eat merrily, play unabashedly, and laugh uncontrollably with the best people you know. Lana, I take my hat off to you, my beloved sister. You make me happier than a lark and prouder than a peacock. I miss you and love you so much and yet I rarely think to tell you that. You are on a very short list of my best friends and you'll always be my favorite younger sister.
I'm actually not sure if you'll ever see this, but I hope so. You deserve to know the depths of my devotion to you, I'm only regretful that I've not properly shown you.
Love, Ev
ps. - going to that movie with you this summer created a memory that will last with me until my dying days. It was a vividly entertaining evening with just you. We don't have times such as that nearly enough.
1 comment:
There may be nothing finer of life than to eat merrily, play unabashedly, and laugh uncontrollably with the best people you know. Lana, I take my hat off to you, my beloved sister. You make me happier than a lark and prouder than a peacock. I miss you and love you so much and yet I rarely think to tell you that. You are on a very short list of my best friends and you'll always be my favorite younger sister.
I'm actually not sure if you'll ever see this, but I hope so. You deserve to know the depths of my devotion to you, I'm only regretful that I've not properly shown you.
Love,
Ev
ps. - going to that movie with you this summer created a memory that will last with me until my dying days. It was a vividly entertaining evening with just you. We don't have times such as that nearly enough.
Post a Comment