14 February 2006

Does anyone care about today?

It's Valentine's Day. I keep forgetting.

But Katie was so wonderful and got both Bird and I flowers and cards. So thoughtful.

For me, V-day is one that I avoid. Although I am wearing pink today, it's because I like this pink shirt a lot, and I didn't even know it was a pink-wearing holiday.

Saint Valentine was a great person - he was imprisoned for helping martyrs in the Roman empire. But there's also his patronage, or what he is the Patron Saint of. This is the best list I could find:
affianced couples, against fainting, bee keepers, betrothed couples, engaged couples, epilepsy, fainting, greeting card manufacturers, greetings, happy marriages, love, lovers, plague, travellers, young people
This information is taken from the Catholic Forum website: http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints

Enjoy today, but not because it's a Pretend-You-Love-Someone or Forced-Gift-Giving-Even-When-You-Don't-Know-the-Person day, but because the saint, who's day it is, was a pretty great guy. He helped people.

Help someone. Smile at someone. Just because.

No comments: