The perfect summer thunderstorm has caught my attention today for a number of reasons.
First of all, it was raining lightly when I woke up, and though I couldn't see the rain because of the dark curtain over my window, I could hear it - that perfect Bambi-esque rain "drip, drip, drop little April shower..." It made me so happy even before I got out of bed.
The sun was shining by the time I left for the bus stop, but in the three-minute walk from my house to the stop, the rain came again. I stood under a tree until the bus showed up.
By the time I got to campus, it was pouring. I was all dressed up for a presentation, and the eight-minute walk to the library left me dripping - literally, rain was running in rivulets down my face and the back of my neck, my hair was sopping, and my pin-striped pants were dragging.
Even then, I was happy.
It's the perfect summer rainstorm - I only wish I was on a porch on which I could relax, reading or simply watching the rain, fully appreciating the sights and smells of summer rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment