19 July 2006

Another good thing from today

I was helping a very intense patron at work today, explaining research technique, which was actually fun because he was competent, unlike most of the people we help around here.

He caught on quickly and had this distinct, yet undefinable accent on certain words that intrigued me.

When he gathered his papers to leave he said, "I'm sure you've heard this, but...[pause]...great
eye color. Okay, thanks, bye."

As if I chose my eye color today.

I'm sure I blushed. Because that's such a nice, random thing to say, and people just don't do that. To be honest, I'd been thinking his eyes were a lovely shade of light blue. But I hadn't even considered telling him. Maybe next time I think that about someone, I will.

Made my day.

2 comments:

Chalupa said...

Did this guy have hair?

Anonymous said...

he actually had long hair tied back in a ponytail, and he was sweating profusely, from riding his bike to school - I know this by the bike helmet hanging from his backpack. He was mid-30s.