11 August 2007

Movies

Watching movies, I've realized, is a brilliant hobby for a single person. You can watch anything you want, only needing to match the movie to your own mood, not the moods of an entire group of people. Having friends around is also great, because, when you need to, you can watch movies with them, too.

Liz, Chalupa, and I saw Bourne Ultimatum this afternoon.

Thrilling up until the last few minutes. Not too many car chase scenes (as Liz indicated, get old pretty quickly). Tons of intense, near-miss moments between would-be assassins and their escaping prey. Not everyone was so lucky, as always must happen in these types of movies.

Highly recommended.

Also, watched Veronica Guerin last night. Very sad, true story about an Irish journalist from Dublin who was murdered by drug gangsters in the mid-90's. Also recommended.

List of movies currently in theaters that I want to see:
Becoming Jane
Chuck and Larry
Hairspray
Harry Potter
(for the second time)
Ratatouille
Stardust

1 comment:

Evan said...

Movies are great hobbies period. Emily and I decided to hit up the matinee for Transformers (my suggestion) and after some light shopping we headed back for the 7:00 showing of Bourne Ultimatum. We loved it too! It was a great 2 hours that seemed to fly.