12 August 2009

No pictures yet

Alas, I forgot my camera-computer cord, to upload pictures while we are here in South Carolina. Shoot.

But I must say that the 12 1/2 hour drive down has been completely worth this...100% clear blue skies (until a thunderstorm sprang up last evening, when we were already inside making dinner). The beach was busy over the weekend, but yesterday was much less so. There are also colorful people to people-watch and strange tides to fight against whilst walking in the water. Typical to me, I've started a shell stash. I can't help myself (though perhaps I should seek intervention); I love finding shells.

Tommy, Tracy, and Calli were here with us three stooges for Saturday evening-Tuesday morning. Then Leslie, along with the Edwards gang, headed back up to NC, while Kyle and stayed here at the most relaxing and delightful beach cottage known to man. He asked last night if we could buy it and move here. It would be nice.

But nothing about this is realistic. Beach for hours a day. Sleeping for 11 and 12 hours a night. (Seriously...we have been, and it's been wonderful.)

But isn't that what vacation is supposed to be about? Escaping reality? And we are, quite well, thank you.

Hop you all back home are doing well. :o)

1 comment:

the Lady of Dragonwood said...

Sweet! Your shell collecting reminds me of "Gift from the Sea" by Anne Morrow Lindberg.