09 November 2009

Something I never wanted

Has anyone ever really wanted their face plastered on a billboard?

And by anyone, I mean any regular Joe-Schmoe. Maybe Hollywood personalities have desired that their whole lives, but by golly, I have not.

You could tell me to count my blessings because, in fact, I will not have my face on a billboard. However, just recently, I have been made the friendly face of the library for an advertisement that is to be a web page "banner" regarding our new Information Desk. They wanted a picture of it. Sure. No problem. With a person at it, okay, small problem. All librarians hate to have their pictures taken. And, I might conjecture, being a younger librarian, some believed it to be a good idea that younger faces = better advertisement. Breaking molds, removing stereotypes.

Thus I have found myself photographed at our Info desk, on a Friday morning, really not wanting to be there, and showing my Gottschalk chin. Dang it. Can't escape it. For the first time I look old.

Not my best moment. Too bad it was captured on film and is soon to be posted to the web site.

1 comment:

Chalupa said...

Taylor's all about being hip and cool. I'm sure you're helping them reach that younger demographic.