01 February 2011

Colossal, Catastrophic Winter Storm

As much as I wanted a snow day today, it totally didn't happen. I did get out of my PT appointment at 8am, which was a blessing, but after 45 minutes of my car running and defrosting, I did have to go to work.

I'm still counting on tomorrow. A day at home would just be lovely.

I have, however, greatly enjoyed all of the adjectives that the Weather Channel has used to describe this storm. It has provided much entertainment. A few of the best phrases below:

"Historical blizzard and ice storm"
"Crippling ice storm"
"Potent winter storm"
"Multi-day, multi-state, damaging and destructive storm"
"Prolonged power outages"
"Hazardous or impossible travel and impassable roads"
"Amounts of over 20 inches of snow are not out of the realm of possibility"

1 comment:

Calli said...

Mom was so excited about the Roch being "frigid and blustery" while we were there!

These weather script writers are pretty creative!