20 February 2012

Day One: A Success

Truthfully, I wasn't sure how I'd fare today. But I'd say I did rather well.

I tried unflavored coconut milk on rice Chex for breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised by the coconutty flavor and how well it went down. My mid-morning snack was an orange--they are so good this time of year. But by lunch time I had a major food headache, as in lack-of-food.

I didn't have a ton of time for lunch, so I stuck with ready-made food: 3 corn tortillas (so dry), a serving applesauce, 6 carrot sticks, 6 celery sticks (no dip...gross), and half of the most amazing grapefruit ever. I was satisfied but not full.

I supped on a gluten-free, tomato-free beef taco with black beans in corn tortillas and a tiny Braeburn apple.  Aside from the dry corn tortillas, it was a filling meal. Boring, but filling. I miss tomatoes. and Cheese. I do not, however, miss milk.

This day of not having any cravings and not giving in to the doughnuts and pastries in the office lounge was a major success. Now, on to tomorrow.

Baby steps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy it was a successful day. I'll send recipes your way as I find them!

liz nelson said...

if you can use coconut oil, corn tortillas are considerably better heated in a skillet on both sides with a bit of coconut oil. it adds some flavor and makes them less dry. glad day 1 was a success!