22 February 2008

As I was cooking...

Last night I made Mom's potato soup. This is, currently, my favorite soup, as my previous favorite (black bean) was ruined perhaps forever during a failed attempt by me to make it in January. Thus, potato has moved up from the #2 favorite slot, to #1.

It's probably about the easiest thing to make ever. So I can't really pretend to have accomplished anything fantastic with its successful making, unless of course you count the food turning out at all. Which I do since the dismal failure of soup #1 and the subsequent stench of soup that pervaded my home and very existence for at least a week following said attempt.

As I was grating a carrot to put it into the concoction, and I must admit I've never used my grater before, I ended up grating the knuckle of my middle finger. I injured myself doing the most basic cooking skill ever. This morning, it's all swollen and gross.

I'm such a klutz.


1 comment:

EmilyAnne said...

Every time I use a grater I end up grating off part of a finger or fingernail. I dream of those little contraptions from Pampered Chef where there is something you hold onto against the grater and you can use different grating/shredding inserts. I don't know where I'd store another thing though.