It's true, what they say, that hearing the truth hurts.
Sometimes, it's better coming from loved ones. Sometimes, it's just more painful that way.
Today I heard a painful one, that is so true, I already knew it. Hearing it reaffirmed my personal knowledge, and confirmed that others see it, too.
"Oh, Lana. You are so weak."
3 comments:
Cheer up, Lan. It's the human condition. We're all weak. You do what you have to do to make it through the day.
Not to sound fatalistic, but a great part of our everyday lives is spend just existing/surviving. And, underneath it all, sometimes just accomplishing that is strong enough.
I wasn't offended by the comment, Elaine. And if I could take it from anyone, it would be you, or Emily, I guess.
It hit me, though, that's for sure. Do I want to be known as a weak person? And, are their acceptable degrees of weakness? I wouldn't think this is one of those, would you, Friend?
I was born with several large weaknesses. I think we were each made that way so that we would need something to be strong and complete. My pride doesn't really like someone bringing them up though.
Post a Comment