I find it fundamentally disturbing when my hands are so frigid in my own "heated" house (heated here is a relative term), that I can't move my fingers.
Before they get to the dead person, absolutely no-blood, no-color-hand stage, they turn blue.
Not a healthy blue, either.
It's bad when you try not to use the restroom so you don't have to wipe, because your hands are too cold. Or you don't change clothes for bed because you don't want to risk touching any part of your skin with these blocks of ice.
Oh, Raynauds syndrome...why do you haunt me?
3 comments:
I used to get really cold hands/fingers and it would suck sitting at my computer typing. Then the great ice storm of 2k5 hit. Now that was cold. I then decided to stop trying to save $5-10 every month and just turn up the heat.
If it were only $5-10, I would turn up the heat. But our heating bill was over $100/person in our house for Dec-Jan, which is more than we were paying for total utilities prior to that. It's not an option to turn it up. We don't have real jobs - we have college kid jobs. That's the main problem. We're living off student loans and college kid pay. Not enough, my friend, not enough.
Do you guys use natural gas? I used to hate the electric heat in Briarwood, but now it's not so bad. That's quite a lot for utilities. Hopefully it keeps staying warm. I wasn't meaning to make light of your heat situation, just telling a story.
Post a Comment